1. What is Simple Practice?
SimplePractice, LLC is my practice management software for scheduling, case management, and Telehealth, and therapy notes.
SimplePractice,LLC, uses a HIPAA compliant software so your information will be securely kept.
2. What Should I do if I didn't get the reminder with the link?
-If you did not get a reminder with the link at least 24 hours before your appointment, please contact me ahead of time so I can send it to you via email or secure messaging.
Please do not wait until a few moments before your appointment to request the link because I will likely be in session and will not get
-You can also find your appointment link by visiting the portal at https://laurakramer.clientsecure.me
3. What should I do if I cannot hear you or you cannot hear me?
- if we are not able to hear each other, we will each get off the connection and try again, that often seems to fix it.
- Please make sure all other windows for programs like Zoom or FaceTime or Google Hangouts are closed on your computer.
4. What if there is an echo?
If there is an echo, it means the sound from the speaker on your device is bouncing off something in the vicinity. The quickest way to resolve this is to put on headphones.
5. What if Simple Practice is not working for some reason?
If Simple Practice is not working, we will switch to another tool called VSEE. VSEE is a free app that you can download to your computer, phone or tablet, that is also HIPAA compliant. You can find a link to VSEE here: https://vsee.com/messenger/
6. What if we get disconnected while we are on the call?
Please keep your phone charged and near you so that I can call you by phone in the event of a disconnection.
7. Why have you not charged my copay yet?
Insurance companies reimburse at different and unpredictable rates for remote sessions as compared to in-person sessions, and the applicable copays also vary from in-person sessions. Once I receive all of the relevant information from your insurance company, I will let you know the amount and we will go from there.
8. I am tired of sitting at my computer all day. Are there any other options for meeting?
I am considering adding some phone-only sessions so that we can walk while we meet. If you would like to consider this option, please let me know.